Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My lovely friend ”Ate Lisa” by Karla Marie Bisnar

Last Friday, we had our acquaintance party at Elsie Gatches located in Alabang. Mr. and Mrs. Samuel founded the illusion in 1964. Because they don’t have their own children. The Mission of this orphanage is to give importance and render aid to the abandoned and mentally retarded individuals. The first time I saw them, I was afraid to get near to them because of their physical appearance . but our trainers and teachers told us that they are harmless people so I felt at ease. Tchr. John reminded us not to be afraid and disgusted of them instead try to assess and understand the situation as well . tchr. John reminded us to hand picked one of them and established a new friendship. And I met one of a kind of them. We must ensured to leave a happy memory with them.

I handpicked one of them and established a new friendship with our new friend Ate Lisa which is turning 16 this coming 8th of October. She conveyed everything about her past life as well as her interests in her life right now. After meting ate Lisa , I met another new friend , her name is Grace . She is already 10yrs. old ,and I don’t know what’s her birthday. I asked them if they already know God? , they answered me “ yes…. Alam na naming si God , siya yung nag sacrifice ng buhay para sa ating mga kasalanan”. I asked them again if they already accepted God?, “opo…. Matagal nap o”. Then I asked their talent, they said they loved dance. They showed me sample of their dance. After wards , we offered a prayer before eating. We`ev had a little chitchat after we eat. We relaxed and offered a prayer again before we leave. Before we leave, Ate Lisa and grace hugged tightly me and Alisha for awhile and said “God Bless!”

Based on my experience , I realized that we are so blessed of what we have in our life , that despite of the problems God gave us we should not give up. My new friend helped me to realize that thought they are in the orphanage they have the right to be treated fairly. They can still do things which a normal person can do. I am lucky to have my family , friends , and teachers. I have renowned that even though they are special person, we still need to establish rapport and built friendship. We must visit them often. I’m happy because I am luckier then them yet we are both blessed to have our parents. I parents that despite their appearance and IQ level, they deserve to be loved and appreciated. I came to realize that talking with heart while sharing gospel enlightened their emotions. The most important , we must pray and share our blessings with them always.

Here is my decision based in my experience and realization:

First I decided to accept what they are. Second is we must have a open forum with them. Then we must play with them. I decided to do not be scared at them. The fifth thing is we must help them in times if a situations. Then I decided I must hangout with them. I must share some God words . Then we must share some blessings with them. Then we must play sports with them. The last but not the least always pray for them.

No comments: